1. Best fashion advice you've ever recieved?
I can't choose between the two.
1. It's ok to make lolita your own as long as you do it properly.
2. Make clothes! It's cheaper than buying things and gives you a warm fuzzy feeling inside when people compliment you.
2. Style Icons?
As far as lolitas go, Victoria Suzanne from Lolita Charm has to take the prize. Her outfits are lovely, her hair is fabulous and I always look forward to reading her blog.
Second, Kanon Wakeshima. She is so beautiful and I admire her interesting dresses. Not only that but she has a beautiful and enchanting voice!
3. Describe your personal style.
Most days, I'm a casual hime. I really like the princessy style and a friend of mine even said that my head was made for a tiara. (I have to say, that comment made me feel really good!)
I also like sweet styles, but mostly for meet ups. And for formal events, I'll wear classic.
4. Favourite designers/brands?
I think BABY wins that prize. I simply adore their sugary sweet prints and they even make stuff that a princess like me can wear on a regular basis.
5. Most cherished item.
My pink Bodyline shoes. Yes, I know, I'm such a cheaptard ><; but those shoes are so pretty and they are sickeningly adorable and ridiculously comfortable.
6. Most used item.
Hmmm... probably my tiara. Or my black skirt I bought offbrand from Primark. It has multiple uses and goes with everything.
7. I feel best wearing...
Something princessy, preferably white. And something with little lace, but the amount that is on it is just enough.
8. The first thing I look for in a lolita's outfit is...
Something interesting. Whether it be a simple handmade accessory or an extraordinary offbrand find, I like to find something about them that is unique.
9. Lolita fashion rule you never break.
Skirt shape. If I don't wear a petticoat I feel like I'm doing it wrong (and chances are I look like it too...).
10. Never caught wearing?
OTT Gothic styles. TBH, black looks baddddd on me unless I am wearing white with it. So I will never wear anything extremely gothic. It's just wrong.
11. Dress to impress who?
I dress to impress myself. I also dress to impress people around me. Getting compliments makes me feel good and makes me feel worthy of the fashion.
12. Your next "must-have" purchase?
It my not be my next one but my New Year's Resolution this year is to own at least one brand dress. And as I am going to the BABY store in Paris this summer, that shouldn't be too hard I think.
13. Your favourite type of head accessory?
Tiaras and mini crowns. I love them so much. I also loveee those head-eating bows. So cute!
14. Favourite cut of clothing (shirring, high waist, princess seams etc)?
For brand clothing, shirring. Anything that isn't won't fit properly. But for handmade pieces I love princess seams. (Did you guess that already?)
15. Current obsession?
Hime style <3>
16. Best Lolita fashion advice you can give to anyone.
Make your outfits unique. Don't be ordinary and just wear a dress as it is, add a cute accessory or two. Don't be afraid! Try it!
Blog post part 2: Discussion of her Dream Prince
Ok, so we all have an idea of what we want our dream prince/princess to be like, however most of the time it is a little unrealistic.
Example: *ahem* I want my prince to be tall and handsome, someone who will come and whisk me away in a carriage into the sunset and buy me nice things all the time and never want to see anyone but me blah blah blah.
NOT GUNNA HAPPEN.
We have to come up with realistic ideas about our prince/princess, right? Otherwise it will never happen and you will never get your happily ever after.
REALISTIC Example: I'd like my princess to be sweet but with a few rough edges. I'd like to be there for her if she needs a shoulder to cry on and I'd like her to know I'll be there for her. I don't want her to be controlling, but I'd like it if she planned things for us to do once in a while blah blah blah.
Now, after reading that little lot, I bet your thinking "What's Princess Freya's dream prince like?". Well, I could tell you all of it but it'd be a long and boring post. (Not that this isn't already a long and boring post...) But I'll give a few little hints.
Princess Freya's Perfect Prince
- Someone who will be there for me when I need them the most BUT not drop everything just for my sake.
- Someone who will love me even when I'm covered in lace and frills and won't be embrassed to walk by my side.
- Someone who will surprise me with things I like BUT not spoil me.
- Someone who will realise it take a long time to make myself up in the morning so they might drop a compliment or two through the day BUT will criticize me when I look terrible.
- Someone who realises that fashion is my life and I will spend a lot of time at the sewing machine... maybe even when they're around.