In Reply To: In Defence Of Princesses

Tuesday 26 January 2010 |

If you are a follower of the lovely Lolita Charm, you may have read Miss Victoria’s recent post “In Defence of Princesses”. (If you haven’t, I command you to read it.) First of all, I’d just like to say, that post brought a tear to my eye. I believe, as probably the most famous princess quote says, that all girls are princesses. Each princess has her own story and no matter how tragic or sad that story may be, every single one of them deserves a happy ending.

Today, I’m going to talk to you about my story. As a young girl, I never dreamed of being a princess. I was a tomboy and loved to wonder around in ripped jeans and climb on trees. I moved around a lot and never really had a permanent place to call my castle. I moved from the Queen’s Kingdom of Great Britain over to the vast kingdom of the United States. Even there I moved houses from Michigan to Alaska and around Alaska.

But going back even farther, to the days I cannot remember, I was a young princess. I was always dressed in elegant, handmade dresses, but I was covered in bumps and bruises (I’m still very clumsy). It wasn’t until recently that I dubbed myself a princess and donned the tiara to show it. I did have a princess bedroom, though it was shared with my younger sister and was taken away from me when my mother left my father. I suppose I’m filling the void with making my room an elegant hideaway for myself in the near future and wearing beautiful and expensive dresses smothered in lace.

Living with my father was rough; we didn’t have much money so nice clothing was out of the question. I did have a cute pair of jeans, however, that was bought for me as a gift. They had butterfly lace on them :3

But now I live with my mother and I’ve actually learned how to sew, I can make wonderful and beautiful clothing for myself. Now, I truly am a princess.

I’d like to say a huge thank you to Miss Victoria Suzanne for making me realise it’s ok to be an elegant lady even if others around me don’t accept it. I certainly do believe that we are all princesses.

I don’t live in a castle.

I don’t have a lot of money.

I don’t own expensive diamonds.

I won’t marry a real prince.

But I’m still a princess, all girls are.

blog comments powered by Disqus