Decoden: The Strangely Relaxing Hobby

Saturday 26 June 2010 |

Today was my last day at college. I was kind of sad to leave, since it's been a big part of my life for a while and I met so many great people there. I actually cried a little while walking though the halls for the last time.
But that's not what this post is about!

I've always been fascinated by the world of deco. All the pretty and sparkly phones and handheld games consoles... *u* <3
So today, I grabbed my very boring phone, some glue, tweezers and some glittery bits and just deco'd my afternoon away. It was so relaxing, just sat there with my music on sticking on rhinestone after rhinestone.
After around 4 hours I got to a state of completion. This is the result:

 A very shiny phone.

I had some leftover rhinestones too, as well as a small fairy that I wanted to use on something. So I ended up spending another 2 hours making this:

Crap photo is crap but you get the basic idea.

Over the top of my pink DS Lite, the green didn't look very nice. So, I gave this case to my mom, who loves fairies and shiny things. She was very happy with the surprise! And it looks lovely on her white DS Lite. 
I love decoden so much >w< It's so fun and relaxing. It's great to do on a hot day when you just don't want to do anything. My next project is a new case for my iPod. I want to try and make a picture of my current favourite Touhou character, Cirno, out of rhinestones of different sizes. Time to look for places that sell rhinestones online!

Question for readers! Do you like deco? Do you think it looks nice or just looks tacky? Comment!

Over and out!
Freya x

blog comments powered by Disqus